STEAMath Tutoring - This event has already occurred
Saturday, March 28, 2020 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
STEAMath Tutoring - Pay what you can!
Grade 5 to 8 - Maximum 6 students
Duration: multi-week - variable
Cost: Pay what you can!
Weekly starting Tuesday Feb 25, 2020 - 5pm to 7pm.; Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020, 1 - 4pm
Location MakerLab - Venture 13
Do you want your child to really love math? Do you want them to make authentic, real world connections to mathematics? We do!
STEAMath is a unique, engaging math tutoring program that will consider the specific needs of your child using a variety of math instruction techniques from an Experienced Educator with a Special Education background.
How is STEAMath different?
- One to One Instruction
- Learn Assistive Technology for Mathematics
- Use physical and virtual Mathematics manipulatives
- Learn to use graphic organizers for Mathematics
- Create Mathematics learning tools through 3D Printing and hands on learning
- Engage learning with MakerLab Technologies (Robotics, Coding, Electronics and 3D Printing) to connect Mathematics learning with authentic real world learning
- Use of Mathematics games through Game-Based Learning
- Explicit and Inquiry authentic based learning
- Pay what you can
For more information about Northumberland Makers youth programming, and to register please contact them at:
739 D'Arcy Street
Event Organizer's Name: