GIS Day 2020 - This event has already occurred
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
About this Event
Location: Online event
Audience: K-12, postsecondary, municipal, public health, non-profit civic tech enthusiasts.
Panelists to discuss data analysis and data visualization through the lens of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic resilience (e.g., energy poverty, waste diversion, and food redistribution and active transportation).
Panel Discussion: 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Workshop Times: [see link for registering to a workshop below]
- First Sessions - 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Second Sessions - 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Third Sessions - 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Workshops: [Zoom link emailed closer to event]
- Enroute with ArcGIS Online: An Introduction to ArcGIS Online for K-12 students - ESRI Canada [First session beginner]
- Visualizing Geodata in the Linked Open Data Environment Data Exploration and Integration Lab, Statistics Canada [First session beginner/intermediate]
- Create a Visualization of StatCan Data Using Tableau* Data Docket [Second session coding activity advanced]
- Pre-Processing and Processing Data for Building a Bot Centre for Cybersecurity Innovation, Durham College [Second session coding activity advanced]
- Code With R to Generate an API to Create a Map in CensusMapper Mountain Math [Second session coding activity advanced]
- Learn How to Use Open Data to Win Prize Money Go Open Data - GOOD [Third session beginner]
* Note: this workshop requires downloading and installing free trial software before the event. Workshops with a coding activity align to the Sector Partner Experiences (SPE) requirement for the Ontario Specialist High Skills Major program https://www.ontario.ca/page/specialist-high-skills-major.
For additional information, contact: Jonathan Brown, Sustainable Cobourg, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (289) 829-0812
Lecture Hall – Capacity #75
Register Here Link:
Event Organizer's Name: